Monday, February 25, 2008

PEACE CORPS NOMINATION

Well well well my faithful readers (hahaha),
I got my Peace Corps nomination! For those who don't know, the nomination is the 2nd to last step in the process of applying. It means my recruiter thinks I would make a great volunteer and has recommended me for a specific region and program.
I was nominated for Sub-Saharan Africa, to work on a Health Extension program. That most likely involves HIV/AIDS prevention/education. They gave me January 2009 as a likely departure date, right after my graduation like I wanted.
So now all I have to do is be medically and legally cleared. A kind of tedious process with lots of doctor appointments, tests, and forms, but I have no health problems so I should be fine.
Once all that is done I will hopefully (*crosses fingers*) get my invitation to a specific country and definite departure date!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello